What To Look For When Renting A House For A Tenant?
When you want to rent a house to the tenant, one must keep in mind the following things.
- Follow the laws and rulesOne must treat all the tenants equally and have information about the laws that are applicable. There is Federal Fair Housing Act has been designed specially to prevent the discrimination against the certain classes for housing. But one cannot discriminate tenants on the basis of race, color, origin, nationality, religion, sex, family status, and disability. Some states do have their own additional housing rules that must be taken care of.
- A tenant should have good creditOne must see that the tenant of the rent a house Townsville is financially stable and is responsible with paying bills. This ensures that one will pay the rent duly and will also take care of the apartment well. For this, one can verify the tenant’s income which should be at least thrice the monthly rent or call their employer directly to get proper details. Also one should check their income to debt ratio and also check for the prior evictions, civil judgments, and bankruptcy record.
- Have a criminal background checkOne should check the tenant’s criminal record, if any and verify if there are any serious or minor offenses. One must look for a valid ID and check through Federal Court Record Search, Statewide Criminal Record Search, a County Criminal Court Search and Sexual Offender Database Search.
- Check for the tenant’s rental historyIf possible, one should verify with the tenant’s previous landlords, about their behavior, due taken for rent payment, did the tenant provide prior notice before moving, management of the apartment, complaint and any damage regarding. If the tenant is a first timer then one must look for their co-signer for the lease.
- Stability of the tenant One should see the course over the residence of the tenant and how frequent they switch or move. If a pattern is noticed, one must be aware as the apartment may get vacant soon again.
- Set appropriate criteriaOne should know properly about the tenant and see if they fit in their criteria, do they have any pets, do they have a stable employment, are they friendly and easy to deal with, do they smoke and more.
- Have good reasons to accept or deny the tenantsOne should have a clarity of reasons as to why accept or deny someone as a tenant for rent a house Townsville. Check this link https://www.coralseaproperty.com.au/ to find out more details.